SheSTEAM Conference 2024
Finding Inspiration in Every Turn
Black Girls in grades 6-12, undergraduate level young Black women, and Teachers are invited to the SheSTEAM Black Girls summit and conference on the University of Limpopo campus Saturday, February 3, 2024.
The SheSteam conference and summit, taking place from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the University of Limpopo, aims to acquaint participants with Black women professionals in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics careers. This event provides students with valuable tips and encouragement to pursue their interests in these fields as well as valuable discussions and include:
Panel discussions with leading professionals in the STEAM fields
Hands-on Activity Labs
Digital Impact Designathon: Crafting Solutions for Awareness Competition
Keynote address by University of Limpopo alumna Ms Gladys Magagula, a Black female scientist at the South Africa National Space Agency
STEAM Organization and Industry Exhibit Hall
How To Attend
Registration is required. CLICK HERE to register.
The SheSTEAM Summit and Conference is a partnership between African Research Collaborative, University of Limpopo and
The South African National Space Agency.
SheSTEAM SUMMIT CONFERENCE GOALS
1. Empowering Girls in STEAM Fields: One way to encourage young girls to pursue careers in STEAM is to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of Black South African women in leadership positions.
2. Broaden Exposure: Expose girls and teachers to a diverse array of STEAM activities, encouraging exploration and curiosity.
3. Professional Development: Provide teachers with valuable resources and insights to enhance their ability to teach STEAM concepts effectively.
4. Inspire Pursuit of STEAM: Motivate Black South African girls to pursue STEAM courses and careers, breaking stereotypes and perceived barriers.
- Sat, Feb 03PolokwaneFeb 03, 2024, 8:00 AM – Feb 04, 2024, 5:00 PMPolokwane, Polokwane, 0727, South AfricaSheSTEAM conferences seek to expose girls and teachers in economically challenged areas in Limpopo, South Africa to STEAM careers and workshops. Participants will engage in lectures and hands-on activity labs, and workshops in an environment designed to be supportive, enriching, and fun.